Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good and Bad Customer Service

It was only about five or so weeks ago, when I went to McDonalds. It was about 2 O’clock in the morning on a Saturday to be exact. This McDonald’s you had to pull up to the window to order. I order my food and paid, there was a car in front of me so I was waiting at the window I ordered. The guy working kept asking me questions, like my name what I’m up to and trying to get my number and just being overall noisy and in my business. While it may sound flattering, the situation was making me feel uncomfortable and I just wanted to get out of there. The car in front of me was gone and I was moving forward and the guy kept asking me questions. I pulled up to the next window and got my food, checked it as I pulled away, it was wrong. It was good enough that I would still eat but I did not want to bother with it. I have avoided that McDonald’s now, especially at that hour. It doesn’t matter where you are working or what time of day, one need to be professional and not scare customers away.

I went to Walgreens for a quick stop. I bought some makeup, hair products and such. When it came time to check out the older lady in the beauty department offered to ring me up. She rang my stuff up and examined everything I had, and then she pulled out a small tub of unused coupons, she skimmed through several and scanned a few. She ended up saving me two dollars, it may not sound like much but that was two dollars I would otherwise not have saved if someone else rang up my purchases. That wasn’t the first time she had helped me on a shop at that Walgreens, and she is a reason I feel comfortable going there. It may not be the most exciting job, but helping people and doing the best customer service is all that can be expected, and she went above the call of duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment